http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Fresh Apples and Apple Cider

Soon, you will see a photo of my fresh apple sauce from my new found apple tree and I got another thought-why don't I make some apple cider in my fruit juicer. Believe it or not, these thoughts are just coming to me!
Becoming more and more knowledgeable with edible herbs, using the fruits that are right in my own yard, are a start to self sufficiency.
To all of my sisters in the Lord, I depend wholly on the Lord and His provisions are great.
Last year was so rainy, I received nothing from my garden. This year is so dry, I am losing plants everywhere in the yard. Friends pruned my raspberries and blueberries so much and in November (they were trying to help me with my huge yard because of health reasons) and I have no raspberries this year and only one bush of blueberries which aren't looking so great either.

So, to a better thought, I am going to forage and harvest edible weeds and herbs.

Today: Queen Anne's Lace!

No comments:

Post a Comment