http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Thursday, September 2, 2010

Hurricane Earl in New England, making Art, Harvesting Herbs, Picking Applies and Clothes Shopping

Well, I realized after watching the news for over an hour, that if Earl hits us where we are located in Massachusetts, I am not really prepared. I have enough food, but I don't have water, or proper flashlights.
If the weather is bad though, I have so much to do for artist trading cards-Marie Antoinette is due this month and I need to make six cards. I was supposed to do two journal pages, but because they have to go to Canada, I don't think I can do it in time.
I have a vacation artist journal started, my cloth paper is finished to send to my girlfriend in Maine. I will be receiving a piece that she made and then we will be collaging on our own and each others piece of home-made paper. It is going to be a blast.
I have been working on a new blog and website, along with harvesting my herbs today: chamomile, two types of sage, lemon verbena and mint. I studied on the herb mullein today and had a piece but made a mistake and through it away in the woods because I thought I had to have fresh flowers, but I didn't, so I don't know if I will be able to find anymore now that it is fall. I picked apples off of the ground and off of the tree from my front yard. They are not great to eat, but will make great applesauce and I got a handful of blackberries. Washed two loads of laundry, folded two and put a load away.
I went shopping at Salvation Army. Maybe I'll put pictures up of my new outfit creations.

Hope all are safe through this hurricane on the East Coast!

No comments:

Post a Comment