http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rainbows

Wrapping Your Presence in Rainbows

Wrapping Your Presence in Rainbows
by Marney K. Makridakis

People have often told me that I tend to see things through
rose-colored glasses, and I take it as a compliment.  I know that the
idiom tends to have a negative connotation, but I tend to think of my
own rose-colored glasses as being one of my most helpful tools for
creativity, productivity, and happiness.  Seeing the bright hues in any
situation allows us to focus on what we want, rather than what we
don't want.  And having a clear vision of what we want is, I believe,
the first step in actually taking action to get there.



I recently was reminded, however, that taking off the rose-colored
glasses can be pretty amazing, too.  I experienced this quite literally,
when looking at rainbows through my polarized sunglasses.  Typically,
these sunglasses tend to make everything more vibrant, including the
beautiful rainbows that are so frequent where I live.  The sunglasses
make rainbows really pop into an even more spectacular sight.



But the other day, my husband commented on the vivid rainbow, and
oddly enough, when I had the sunglasses on, I couldn't see the rainbow
at all.  Once I took them off, then I was able to see it in all its
breathtaking splendor.  Now, I'm
sure there is a scientific reason that explains this phenomenon – why
the color frequency in this particular rainbow was so dramatically
different from most rainbows I had seen.  But, science aside, the
experience reminded me of how important it can be to take off the
rainbow-colored glasses from time to time, and see exactly what really is
What really is can be even more breathtaking than what might
be.



So which is better – to see life for what it can be, or see it for
what it is?    I think the answer lies in making a choice to fully
experience the powerful elements that each perspective has to offer.
Balance, of course, is necessary, since we can't become so focused on
what is that we forget the value of seeing what can be.  And
perhaps even more bravely, we can't become so attached to our
rainbow-colored glasses that we forget what can happen when we really
allow ourselves to actually be with what is, and feel the gravity, and
resulting power, of our lives' truth.


I believe that making brave choices, even the very act of choosing to
become comfortable with this type of duality, is easier when we
utilize creativity to support our choices.  "Choice" and "Intuition"
are two of the ARTbundance™ Principles that trainees in the ARTbundance™
Certification Training Program
have been studying, learning how to help their clients develop intuition, so that they can
innovatively use it to make many
kinds choices in their life.



I'll close with some words from a poem that I wrote for an early
issue of Artella magazine:



I
gathered embraces and cuts

grace and guts

but one is not more lovely than the other

I gathered it all.



A load like this never gets lighter

but if you feel it for true

let the weight ruin you

dare to feel the pinch

if you feel it

and really feel it

you'll sing so fast, you can run

dance so loud, you can rhyme

and close your eyes so light,

you can fly.



Blessings to you and your gorgeous, rainbowtacular flight!


Marney K. Makridakis is the founder of ArtellaLand.com 
and the inventor of the ARTbundance Philosophy, which uses
ARTsignments™ to change lives through the power of creativity.   If you are
intrigued by the idea of exploring a new vision for yourself in which
you apply the ARTbundance™ philosophy and
ARTsignments
to your own professional dreams and goals,
you are invited to apply for the next
ARTbundance™
Certification Training
(ACT),
beginning in April  2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment