http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Norwegian Decorating-Norway-Franciskas Vakre Verden

Funky Junk Interiors has inspired me so much with the use of unusual items. Taking a crate and using the wood for the interior of the house. In fact, she has much more patience than myself; especially the construction work she does along with her son. In connection with alot of her decorating, she has many posts up that have located me to Norwegian decorating and oh boy, do I lovvvvvvvvvvvvve it.

Norwegian is kind of rustic, but white, white and white and sparse. Sometimes alot to sparse for me. When I have nothing around me, I feel like I have not finished decorating. But I am intrigued by the white on white. I have white walls in some of my rooms and I don't get the same feel. Perhaps the white walls I have is not the right white. When I see the amount of whites there are for paints, it is overwhelming, but just like any color, white has it's warms and cools. Some whites have more of a grey in them, some have a tannish color in them...

I love in the Norwegian decorating the use of just a simple little plant along with books wrapped in burlap and a small statue implimented with the plant and books. I love how an old window or door can lean against a wall with a plain little parisienne type of chair leaning up to it.

So now, I can decorate with a country flare, a rustic flare like Funky Junk, a shabby chic style, a garden look, a folk art- black and burgundy/rooster look, French, Swedish or Italian country, an ecclectic style, vintage 1950's with black, white and red and shiny chrone and linoleum....so much fun!

An example of the Norwegian design is on Franciskas Vakre Verden's site. You can have it translated so don't worry, you will be able to read what describes her sight as well as our languages coincide.

No comments:

Post a Comment