http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Antique vs. Vintage

I recently saw this as listed on Ebay. I thought it was a good question so I thought I would post it today seeing I was with a bunch of antiques and vintage I don't know all the year antiques:)
Antique vs. Vintage. Definition and differences?
Jan 14, 2004 7:17 AM
Report
Anyone know the correct definition of Vintage? vs. 'Antique'? If one says 'vintage' in a description can it mean antique? Or is 'vintage just from the mid-20th century? I received a 'negative' feedback (my first) because the buyer thought the item was Antique when I described it as 'Vintage'. I want to make sure I know the difference before I respond. I am very upset about this. Thanks for you help.

And here was an answer from someone.


Antique vs. Vintage. Definition and differences?
Jan 14, 2004 7:44 AM
Report
The correct usage of the word vintage must be used with a year.

ie.

my car is vintage 2001...
my computer is vintage 1999...
this WWII item is vintage 1943...

etc...

No comments:

Post a Comment