http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Saturday, May 14, 2011

Pizza and recipe

After gardening and weeding for hours, going for coffee with my sons, talking with my mom about my very ill aunt, driving my son to work, stopping at an antique shop, I then made home-made pizza. This recipe came from my friend Chris. Mine is never like hers and does come out different from time to time. What is nice about it is that you make it and can use it right away without letting it rise if you want.

I made four individual pan pizzas.

3 TBS. yeast
3 cups hot water
MIX with fork and wait till it bubbles

Add six cups of flour and mix and see how sticky it is. If it is extremely sticky, add small amounts approx. 1/4 cup of flour slowly at a time and mix.

After it is not overly sticky, put a linen towel over the top to rise if you want. I let it just sit a few moments. I then oil my four small aluminum pans and rub the oil with my hands. I grab the dough, plop an amount into each pan, then I do my thing of lightly patting it out to the edges of the pan. Today, I used Prago on top, some fresh rosemary, grated parmesian, thinly sliced red onion on top, garlic powder, onion powder and italian seasoning. Off into the oven they went. I used the confection of my oven so that I could put all four into the oven at one time and they would cook evenly. I put the oven on 450 degrees for approximately 25-30 minutes.

I then took some tomatoes and thinly sliced them, opened up a can of green beans, and topped them both with white balsemic vinegar, italian seasoning, garlic and onion. Yum as a side to the pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment