http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Saturday, October 18, 2014

crochet dish cloths



I have only known the simplicity of crocheting;  not fancy stitches, in fact I had to buy a chart to keep in my bag and look to remember "now how many times do I yarn over for a double crochet, or a triple crochet.  I started a dish cloth or what I always call a dish rag swap. So includingmyself, I have 9 ladies.  This is the simple dish "rag" that I made, white, with a red scalloped edge and a little apple applique.
This pattern was 25 chains and single crochet.
Last week I was visiting a family member, and she had received a dish cloth as a gift but she didn't like it and I asked her why.  We came to the conclusion that it was made too large.  So do take NOTE, when you are making a dish cloth, think about how large you would like it.  After I made this cloth, and added the edging, I think it may just a bit too large, so next time I will do 20 chains instead of 25.

No comments:

Post a Comment