http://i1061.photobucket.com/albums/t468/ziedarling/momicon001.png

Monday, September 20, 2010

GESSO-Black Vs Grey Vs White

You know, if you don't have black gesso at home, don't go out running for it at the store unless you have a coupon from one of the stores. Use your white gesso, paint your surface, let it dry, then paint or sponge over it with black acrylic paint.

I have used grey gesso to make my surface a neutral color more or less before I painted my scene on it. I still like white gesso the best. If I want texture to the gesso, sponge it, or stamp into it with a stamp pad. Run a fork through it, use brillo and rub lightly, use a credit card or gift card (used) and run over the gesso to create a swirl pattern.

I blow dry my gesso slowly and on a medium heat. It really needs to be dry first before painting on it to keep the bumps and texture that you want.

No comments:

Post a Comment